sss

пятница, 3 июня 2016 г.

Kanye West Just Released the First Single Off His New Album Cruel Winter



After unleashing the new fiery untitled track off G.O.O.D. Music's forthcoming Cruel Winter LP, Kanye West stuck around Big Boy's Real 92.3 radio show (June 3) to discuss rapping as a married man, meeting "Panda" hitmaker Desiigner and even when on a motivational stream of conscious speech on loving yourself. Here are some of the interview's highlights in condensed quotes below.

On meeting Desiigner

"An amazing A&R came to play me the record and the energy was incredible. I met him at the airport and the way he was dancing to the music, it was pure energy, artistry, melody and chemistry."

On an extended version of the Cruel Winter track

"We also gonna do a a 12 to 15-minute version with every G.O.O.D. Music artist on it."

Kanye West Premieres First Untitled 'Cruel Winter' Single Featuring Quavo, Big Sean, Desiigner, Travis Scott, Yo Gotti, 2 Chainz & Gucci Mane

On rapping as a married man

"Being married is not a normal rap topic ... I always had this perspective of all these go to's I could talk about with this girl, that girl ... When you do have parameters to rap in, like Eminem couldn't say the N-word and it forced him to think of every word possible. Now he's one of the greatest rappers."

On rumors that he tells Kim Kardashian what to wear

"Nah, she tells me what to wear. We both love clothes. We both worked in clothes from, I'ma say, grammar school. We only worked in clothing stores. I worked at the Gap and she worked at a store called Body. [Laughs]"

On feeling fresh as a kid

"When I was in the fourth grade, my mom gave me my first Jordans. They were the 4's and I didn't know what Jordans were. The guy at the store said they were the coolest ones. I went to school the next morning and it felt like a superpower. [I was like] I like this feeling here."

On creating vibes

"You can't kill the energy. Especially when people collaborate. People heard the idea of me and Kendrick doing something together, you got excited. I live for the excitement. I live for the sport."

On being called an asshole by critics

"It's just the truth -- I'm 'Ye, man. Ain't nothing else you can do about it. If I had tried to be somebody else my entire life, I wouldn't be here today. I'm a champion. I'm a winner. I came to do this. I came to do what I did. I innovated. This is my truth. When I look in the mirror and I think it, this is some Michael Jackson levels. I gotta pinch myself sometimes. Can you believe it -- it's actually me? Here? Think about when Drake and Justin Bieber lost at the Grammys, they were like "Where's Kanye when you need him?" You need someone like me in the game. You need someone who's not watered down. I'm 38 years old, ladies and gentlemen. They put me in debt. They assassinated my character. I'm not a bad person ... People need that. We all controlled by a lack of self worth. We are taught not to love ourselves ... People should love themselves. I love you like I love me."

On being a father

"The meaning of life is life itself -- your kids. Learning, growing how to connect with your kids, with my daughter and son. I'm just so happy to be a father. I know when I talk about my music I get amped up. I wanna sit and listen. I wanna learn what my daughter has to say. I want to learn what she's saying and see how I can contribute to her living the best life possible. I'm extremely protective [of my kids]. I'm doing it when I left Nike for Adidas, I did it for my daughter. There was an opportunity to grow there was love, respect and admiration at Adidas. There was an opportunity to make a better life for my daughter ... I don't wanna have to be doing "Goldigger" when I'm 50 years old. I wanna be doing it for fun. Joking around. I don't wanna be having to do it. I know I got rich people problems -- that' s the only problems I wanna have."

On social media

"You love who you love and live your life. A lot of things come with. Cyberbullying and all that stuff, people using celebrities to let hatred out. They might have an issue with their father and it comes off in Instagram comment number eight. We have to be strong. We're so blessed, so fortunate to just appreciate the opportunities we have. There's codes to the good life. And some of it comes in how much space your home has, what type of clothes you have, what type of car you have. What I've learned is seeing on the other side of the curtain. Being a 14-year-old who couldn't afford Taco Bell to now pulling up to Taco Bell in a Maybach." 

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий